Here are five tips for people who are are serving on a nonprofit board of directors:
- Before you commit to serving on a board make sure you have a passion for the mission of the organization.
- Don’t be shy with your ideas on the vision and strategy of the organization. Your input is important for the board to hear!
- Make sure you offer your ideas on how your board can become the most effective board in the community.
- Work hard to help your board define how the organization can improve its performance and mission effectiveness.
- Make sure you financially support the organization. Be the first one to make a financial commitment and do it every year while you serve on the board.
No related posts.